Freedom of Information Requests
Any person and/or organization requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act of Richland School District 88A may do so by submitting a written request to the FOIA Officers Dr. Michael Early or Ms. Maribel Medina. Request will be accepted either hard copy through hand delivery, U.S. Mail or facsimile. Hand delivery or mailed requests to:
Richland School District 88A
1919 Caton Farm
Crest Hill IL 60403
Facsimile requests to 815-744-6196
Electronic requests will also be accepted and should be sent to
Click here to download form.
FOIA Requests To Date
- August 20, 2008 – Illinois Campaign for Political Reform requested contracts entered into by Richland for lobbying Illinois State Government between July 1, 2007 and June 30, 2008. Invoices and other billing statements summarizing the work performed, and any/all financial statements showing payments.
- November 11, 2008 – AMERESCO requested proposals for the construction of the PK-4 Elementary building constructed by Johnson Controls. Johnson Controls proposals received by Richland. All contractual materials between district and Johnson Controls.
- February 12, 2009 – Illinois Policy Institute requested documentation demonstrating that Richland has posted the following information of it’s website: Contracts exceeding $25, 000, Annual reports to ISBE regarding current district contracts exceeding $25,000, and current contracts the district holds with an exclusive bargaining representative.
- February 15, 2009 – Mr. John Nelson requested copies of any FOIA requests received by Richland January and July of 2007 and 2008.
- April 16th, 2009 – Fairmont School Board Member, Bradley Johnson requested information pertaining to the Richland School nurse such as salary, years of service, and hiring wage.
- May 18th, 2009 – Polly Byrne requested a copy of the 2008-2009 Annual Financial Report
- August 2nd, 2009 – Catherine Velasco requested information on superintendent's salary
- September 24th, 2009 – Sheet Metal Worker’s Local 265 requested name, addresses, and phone numbers of any contractors doing any; installation, alteration and/or service maintenance work on Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Exhaust System; any metal’s used to weatherize any portion of a structure, such as but not limited to the following: Roofing, Flashing, Coping, and Gravel Stop, at any facility owned, maintained or leased by your School district dated back three years from the date of this request.
- October 6th, 2009 – Allied Landscaping Corp. requested copies of all the received bids for snow removal winter 2008 bids.
- February 24th, 2010 – Oce North America, Tom Jansen, requested a copy of the leases and agreements for all the Richland school copiers.
- May 26th, 2010 – James Curbeam requested most recent RFP document, contract between Richland and any busing company, violations on current contract, and entities or different corporations that handle Special Needs Transportation. NO INFORMATION was directly provided to Mr. Curbeam since Richland operates its own transportation and there are no contracts that exist.
- August 5th, 2010 – John Daniel, from Sheet Metal Workers Local Union 265 requested names and contact information of contractors or sub contractors that have or are doing any HVAC (heating, air conditioning, ventilation), exhaust systems, HVAC maintenance work, HVAC maintenance agreements on any building owned or leased by the district dating back 3 years from the date of request. Copies of any HVAC service agreements that are current
- September 9th, 2010 – Jayson Deets, from Illinois Paper & Copier Co requested copies of the Current copier and/or printer lease and maintenance contracts
- September 17th, 2010 – David Morrison, The Illinois Campaign for Political Reform, requested contracts entered by Richland for lobbying Illinois state government between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, invoices and statements summarizing the work performed, receipts or other financial statements showing payments made by Richland.
- October 4th, 2010 – John Kaup, CMJ Construction, requested a copy of the past 3 years of snow plow bids.
- October 4th, 2010 - Scott O'Connell request for the Legal Opinions of the ISBE
- October 11th, 2010 - Alex Schuster, ASE Illini-Scapes Inc, request a copy of the past 3 years of snow plow bids.
- March 15, 2013 - Mark Johnson, requested a copy of the collective bargaining agreement with amendments and additions.